Thursday, June 25, 2009

Our Cancer News

On June 15th my husband had a biopsy and we thought that the results would come back good, like they did 2 years ago. But the doctor called my husband on Thursday and said he need to discuss the results with the both of us and made an appointment for Friday. My husband did not want to tell me to much as I would worry even more! We get to Wright-Patterson AFB in Dayton, Ohio. The Urologist calls us back to the room and tells us the bad news. He has prostate cancer, his Gleason score is 9. The lover the score the better! The doctor also said that he is in T1-T2 stage, but so far the cancer is only in the prostate gland. They will be doing more tests to see if the cancer has spread to any part of his body. Which we are PRAYING that it has not spread! He has chosen surgery to remove the prostate gland. We are planning to have the surgery the first week of August. I have set up a Twitter account to try and keep family and friends updated with his progress!
And our journey begins....... Thanks in advance for all your prayers Linda http://twitter.com/CancerNews09

No comments:

Post a Comment