Monday, September 29, 2008

Suprise of a Lifetime!!

Ray planned a renewal ceremony for our 25th Wedding Anniversary. He told me that he had been planning this for the past 3 weeks. He made fliers and gave them to the family. He called Dean who married us in the Mormon Church in Greencastle, Ohio. He was honored to perform the renewal of our vows. He told my mom that this was the first one that he preformed, and to have the complete family there was also an honor. Thou we did not renew our vows in the church that were married me as it is now The Bloom Township Trustees office, but they would have let us do it. Ray was told that the bell from the church was in the new church. So still a part of the church was there. It did not matter were we renewed our vows since our love is still stronger than ever. I got two dozen roses, one yellow from my husband and the whites from my son. Now they sit in my scrapbook room so that I can see and smell them. The kids went and chipped in to buy me a new dress and shoes and even got my hair cut. There were telling me that we were going out to dinner to a fancy restraint and I had to dress up. Little did I know what was really going! After the ceremony we went to the La Quinta Inn was we spent our first honeymoon, and returned 25 years later to the same room. That also was a great surprise! There were many tears from Ray and I, the kids, and other family. Even Dean and Sally Ann were crying. I made two pages from our first wedding as it was a small one then too, but now 25 years later I will have more pictures to add more pages to the ones that I have already have done. I did take pictures of my Roses so that I can also add them to the pages, and when the petals have fallen of them I am keeping them to also add them to the album. I LOVE my husband very much and I will always remember this day even more for everything that he did to show me how much he LOVES me! It is hard to believe that it has been 25 years that we have been married it just seems like yesterday.

No comments:

Post a Comment